Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Be Cool...

I received this email:


Chris,

I have had a number of calls from parents wondering about the status on the calling tree. I have not heard from Brenda.

Kate (my daughter) called at 1:30 this morning to say they were on the airplane to Fiji, but hadn't taken off. Knowing they were on the plane and the plane made it to Fiji, I am confident they have immediately gone to the first activity without taking time to call.

I will call the hotel and confirm everyone's arrival and fun level this evening. Once I have any information I will start the calling tree and also post an update on the blog.

Talk to you soon.

Denise Mersmann


Let me just add that airplanes can make up a lot of time "en route". They purposefully plan routes flown well below capacity so that when they need they can catch up. So as long as they made the flight and the flight actually arrived ahead of time I just can't think of anything to worry about.

This is my son's first trip, as well. But I guarantee you he won't have calling home at the top of his list. Sure, we'll be on his mind. However, there are things to do, people to see and memories to create.

Denise, Thanks for the update.

No comments: