Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Please Deposit Another $0.25 - AJ Calling

I just got off the phone with AJ! Kids-he called 3 times and we kept getting cut off—finally found out why-he was pumping coins in the pay phone!! I assumed his calling card wasn’t working but guess not…he just didn’t think of using the calling card!! So I reminded him to use the calling card which I already bought! See even if we show them how to do things, they still do it their way!

He sounds great. When he talked to dad they got to talking about Full On and something about tomatoes! Huh? I guess it was a “guy” joke! They loved Full On. They kayaked at the MERC and swam today at the Olympic Pavilion. Seemed like they had a lot of free time tonight…He first called at 630 their time and they didn’t have room checks till 930. Tomorrow they are going to
EDIT: See Itinerary . They liked their Kiwi bus driver a lot. Well even after interviewing him I didn’t get a lot of info but it was nice to talk to him. I am going to head back to bed.

Kathy Flood (aj’s mom)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I finally heard from Taylor @ 5:00 this am..she is having a great time but is really homesick..I am sure glad they only have few more days after the tearful conversation I had with her this am. She wants me to bring the dogs to the airport to see her..l.NOT what does that tell you though!! Not really she is a big animal lover..even though very allergic to cats. She having a great time though.

Kathy S

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the edit Chris-I was a little tired when I was typing and had a senior moment.

Kathy

Anonymous said...

Received a 4:30 call from Kathy (AJ's mom) telling me that Matt wanted me to call (thanks Kathy...call anytime). Matt said they were in downtown Sydney. He said a lady at the hotel told him not to forget his "togs" and he finally found out she meant "swimsuit". Had another funny word for "sweatshirt" but I can't remember what it was...maybe "flapjack". He said the Marae visit was really neat. The ambassadors selected a leader to meet the Marae warrior leader. Armon was the lucky Ambassador chosen to meet the tribal leader. He had to pick up a leaf indicating whether they came in peace or war...if he used his left hand it meant peace. Matt said they were hoping he'd remember to use his left hand because he's right-handed and I don't think they were looking forward to war with the Marae's. It all ended well and Armon kept our kids from getting creamed in New Zealand. Hope I got the story right...it was only 4:30 a.m. and waking from a deep sleep. Can't wait for the kids to get home. Thanks again Chris...this has been a life-saver.

Anonymous said...

Kathy, I'll bet once they get out today and they are busy Taylor will feel much better. It was a long day yesterday getting up at 2:30 am, long plane ride, out all day and she was probably exhausted by the time she talked to you. I understand they were getting to sleep in until 7:00 this morning. I don't know about you but I am sure counting down the days until they are home!