Sunday, June 10, 2007

Skype

I just received this email regarding another communications option. I am familiar with the technology but do not have any experience actually using it. You can always google it if you want details. My best friend uses it for business and loves it.


Hi Chris,

First my girlfriend Laura Diskin is one of the P2P leaders on the trip. I’ve been keeping up with the blog off and on. I see many parents are calling their kids since there have been phone issues. I too ran into a case where Sprint did not recognize the calling card number, so it sent Laura right to voice mail. In any case, I have been using Skype to call the hotel. You seem to be savvy enough to be aware of this technology, but thought some of the parents might be interested as well. It has been .20/minute to Fiji and the cost drops to .02/minute to New Zealand and Australia (If the hotels have toll free #’s then it is actually a free call. The hotel in Sydney is 1 800 024 231.). I hope that helps and thanks for allowing me to check out the blog.

Paul

No comments: