Monday, June 18, 2007

Photos: What To Do? What To Do?

Attention Parents of Student Ambassadors,

I will be publishing another update soon and the subject of photos has come up again. I have a very good relationship with a gal named Val who works the photo department at the Walgreen's at 135th & Blackbob. I only allow her to print my stuff because she has the best equipment available and she has a very good eye for color/density. I'm sure I can get a 15% discount locked in by the time the kids are home.

I would like to propose that when all these cameras come home that the digital photos be uploaded to the Walgreens photo site. I will provide you a link and a dedicated folder when we get closer to the time.

If everyone uploads their photos to that site then;
  • You'll be able to look at everyone's photos and so will your ambassador
  • You'll be able to find all the photos of your child that are available
  • You'll be able to order any photos that you like from any Walgreens though the discount will probably only be good in Olathe
  • And lastly, I might be able to have a "memory disc" made

There is a store not too far from my house at 135th & MurLen that can take a good many of these photos and turn them into a 12-15 minute slide show put to music on a DVD. I'm going to stop by and see how much a project like that would run and how much for extra DVDs.

Please let me know through the poll below your interest. Thanks




9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chris, we also use Walgreens for photos. The prices are good, the service is excellent and it is nice to be able to sit at home and pick your pictures.
This would also solve our problem with getting copies of photos.

Meredith Christian said...

I would be interested in this too. It would make it a lot easier to get pictures of our kids since I imagine they took a bunch of pictures that other people are in. I agree that the blog has been great. Meredith Christian

Janis Lieberman said...

I had e-mailed Chris about the possibility of making a memory CD for everyone with pix in it but i actually prefer the idea of making a general 'memory' CD that would be set to music containing a nice variety of pictures of ALL of the kids - hoping that everyone will participate so we don't have a focus on just a few of the kids. Then, if pix are on the Walgreens site, (which ironically I had my first experience with not more than 5 minutes ago when a friend e-mailed me the link to her pix of our son's baseball team and it's way-cool), we can choose what we all want for printing. GREAT IDEA!

I'm glad you all are hearing from your kids. Abby isn't in contact at all.....

Chris, and all of the rest of you who are sending great updates, thank you so much. I also want to know how long the blog will be up as I, too, want to print it all as a part of a scrapbook.

Chris Lengquist said...

The blog will probably be up indefinitely unless someone feels strongly that we should take it down.

I really don't see any reason to take it down. So print away!

Anonymous said...

I can do the slide show.

Kathy flood

Anonymous said...

The Gum family would be willing to upload pics to Walgreens as well and would LOVE to order a cd or dvd, whichever it was....GREAT idea! These are great keepsakes!

We, unfortunately will be out of town "almost" right after the kids get home until the middle of July, so hopefully we have instructions, links, etc to get the Walgreens upload done quickly, or you'll be waiting on us for a few weeks!

Melisa

Anonymous said...

Chris, I also am interested in the Walgreen idea, the 1 email I got from my daughter (Taylor Scantlin) she said she wasnt taking many pictures..I told her to start this may be the only time she is there, but not sure she got it. I also am enjoying the blog, I have not heard from Taylor except for 1 email and 1 phone call. But am following the blog every day. Thanks so much Chris.

Keep the info coming
Kathy

Anonymous said...

Since Jonathan's digital camera evidently was of no use shortly after arriving in Figi (thanks to the fun waterfall swim!), we would absolutely appreciate having access to all the photos via the Walgreens site and would definitely be interested in the DVD/CD.
I'm glad to hear that there are other parents who have barely heard from their kid - I finally gave in and called Jonathan his last night in Figi(he told me his card wasn't working in Figi) and then we've received one email....and that's it! At this point we're just counting down to his return! Thank goodness for the blog site to keep us occupied while they're away!

Anonymous said...

Jonathan's family: guess I thought Jonathan was one of the kids that bought a new camera in Fiji. Looks like many families will be downloading pics to Walgreens (if that plan works out) but, maybe we can exchange cd's of pictures if we also get cds from other kids.