Saturday, June 16, 2007

Future NASCAR Driver: Armon


Armon called as well last night. Said the trip has been "TOTALLY AWESOME!". This was his first call so he was surprised at how much I knew including not having clothes for 4 days. Used his money for "Fijian skirts" whatever those are, and shorts. He had a credit card so I asked him why he didn't use it and he said it was for emergencies only. I asked "wasn't no luggage an emergency?" He thought not...boys! :)

He did say it has been cold and he has had to layer a lot. I feel sorry for his roommates, Jake and Zach. He has a cold and will probably keep them up coughing. Apparently, there were only 2 beds in their room so they brought in a "cot". Armon said the cot was big enough for a 2-year-old. They did rock/paper/scissors to decide who got the cot. Armon won is all I know. He bought the repelling pictures as well. His homestay was awesome. Apparently, one of the sons has the same interests as Armon (fast cars) so they went for a drive on a mountain track. Parents were along. Armon wouldn't tell me all the details, I think he was worried I might not approve.

Like the others, he wanted to talk but didn't give a lot of details. His digital camera memory is almost full, told him to buy another card. Hopefully he will. (Oh, he did say Jake's new camera is awesome!) I asked him to make sure he is in some of his pictures and he asked why??? Boys!! Anyway, he did say Brenda is taking a lot of pictures of everyone and is going to put them on a CD for everyone. We all should get some great pictures.

Probably won't hear from him again until the Airport next Saturday. At least I know he is alive and well (ok, has a cold but isn't letting it stop him).

Armon's Mom

2 comments:

Chris Lengquist said...

As a matter of record...THAT'S MY NEW CAMERA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Chris,
Maybe Jake should of given his host family his, I mean your, old camera!
Kathy Flood