Thursday, June 21, 2007

"Honey, Taylor is on the phone."

Editor's Note: Sorry no graphics. I'm not at any of my computers.

I just got off the phone with Taylor V. I called her as her phone card has not worked. They were just getting up to get ready to go to school. She is rooming with the other Taylor. She has had an amazing time. Her home stay she said was her favorite part. The family has a 13 year old girl and a 15 year old boy and they lived in a huge house on the beach! They also gave her little gifts to bring home.

She likened Fiji to Jamaica, NZ to Colorado and Sydney to Wash. DC (all places we have been). She said she needed another suitcase because hers will not close now. She did say it has been raining. Laundry has been no problem. She spend $225 at the Hard Rock gift shop. I guess we are all getting T shirts.

See you all at the airport Saturday night.
Kristin Vaughn

4 comments:

Janis Lieberman said...

Abby did say it never snows in Australia but it DID yesterday morning... Wed? Thurs? Whenever...

She agreed about the city comparison. She said it was just in the last few days exactly where in this huge world she is compared to those places and to home.

Think Hard Rock must have really raked it in yesterday. Abby went pretty 'hog wild' there from what the card shows and what she admits to.

Anonymous said...

AJ had used up his money and I hadn't checked his card. OOPS! But maybe I am not sorry when I see how much others had spent! I did see we could order someting if he really wants something. I guess that is one way to control spending.'

Kathy(aj's mom)

Anonymous said...

Kristen, so glad you talked with Taylor! I'm starting to feel like my decision to let Maddy have her independence backfired! Hopefully she really didn't need to talk to us! If she was waiting on us to call her, we failed her! :-(

Hope they've all had an incredible journey and made many new lifelong friends. I just can't wait to hear all the stories! You all take care and keep us posted on what to do with our photos!

Thanks for all of your wonderful updates and humurous stories. You've kept me busy and entertained.....obviously needed as we never knew how our child was doing!! It drove me crazy!

See you all at the airport!!

Melisa Gum

Donna Davis said...

Hi Miss T,
I know you are glad to be home (almost) but probably wish you were still traveling!!

Now you know why your Aunt Jeanette loves to travel sooo much!
You better send some pictures Girl !!
Love
Memere