Saturday, June 16, 2007

Dylan's Mom Couldn't Stand It Any Longer!


Well I couldn't stand it any longer and gave Dylan a call at the motel. He sounds great!! Had such exciting stories to tell. He said the luge was cool and that he went down the "scenic" track twice. They had two more difficult runs (that I was glad he skipped), but I guess others were brave and loved it. He said repelling down the wall was really great and that they took pictures of the kids there and sold them for $33.00 per set of two and one post card. He didn't get any and didn't know what the "codes" were, I asked him to have someone call home with them. He also said they walked on barrels, and some kind of tight rope 20 feet above the ground. Said he fell 3 times, before he told me he had nets and a training rope attached. Gotta keep us moms on edge don't they!!

He said the group had been singing alot and that they had a hard time with the National Anthem, so they have started doing "This Land is Your Land" and the people there loved it. He said alot of kids had misplaced things, and when they did everyone had to search the bus or room for them. When they found them they auctioned them back to them. He said yesterday the kid had to run around the bus 20 times singing "I'm a little teapot" to get his things back. Boy, that'll teach them. Glad they're having such a great time!!

Keep on posting, I love reading your updates!!



Dylan's Mom

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a hoot!!!! "I'm a little teapot" sounds hilarious!! I have been laughing out loud through this update! Auctioning back their items is a fabulous idea. Those two ideas definitely teach them about responsibility. Glad to hear the kids are having a great time...
Brake's

Anonymous said...

I'm actually instituting the 'auctioning' thing here the minute she gets back. I'm hoping it will a) get some chores done around the house and b) get things picked up more frequently and put back where they belong and c) continue with teaching responsibility. What a great thing for my 10 & 6 year olds as well! The problem is, I'm CERTAIN that Dad and I will be made to take part, as well and we may be sorry in the end.

Thanks for the stories. We love EVERY one of them. What a nice thing that family did for Kate! Lucky girl!