Monday, June 11, 2007

Snakes, Phones & Cameras - Oh My!

Sorry but I'm checking my email from the office and left my laptop at home. So no fancy photos this time. But I wanted to get you these updates.

***

Using a Sprint foncard does require different accesscodes when calling back to the U.S. And depending onwhat phone service you are using in that country(ClearComm,Telecom NZ,AAPT,OPTUS,TELSTRA) you may have totry a couple different access codes. 000-999 lookslike a correct code from NZ but there may be more andthe one in Australia will be different too. And then they have to dial in the nunmber they're calling and the card number. Lots to dial. My son used his from Fiji and got through. I wish he would have shared the info with others if they were having trouble but he isa little shy talking to girls. He said the place they went to use the internet wasn't working, but sounds like some of you have been receiving them. He did mention they were suppose to be up at 3:00am for the New Zealand flight.

J Carroll

***

Kristi told us about the snake yesterday in e-mail and my heart about stopped. I am afraid of any kind of snake and to know that she actually picked one up just sends chills up my spine. I then find out it was poisonous and you can only imagine what I am thinking. I am just thankful that nothing serious happened.

I would also like to take a minute to thank you for setting up this blog. We feel as we are on the trip with her and we can keep up with daily events (good and bad).

The Knights


***

Hello again! Like I said the camera died. So I bought a new one for 180 dollars (USD). Things here are cool. Hope you are having fun!

Jake

Parental Question: Will this trip ever stop costing me money???

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sarah said her ipod is not working write, her hair dryer blew up, and she put her cell phone in a plastic bag with makeup and it is not working (she ony took it to make calls from the airport in the US). She told us all of this on Sunday night so still only the top 1/3 of the trip. Yes, this trip is going to continue to cost us even when they get back.